An acquired taste for interesting salad combinations comes with a little bit of experimentation. We’re going to look at a special recipe today, a raw zucchini corn salad.
This salad is a healthy choice for a plant-based lifestyle. There’s not much required to make this salad, and it can be assembled in as quickly as 10 minutes!
Just make sure you have everything listed below ready to go:
- 2 raw zucchinis
- 1 cup of baby corn
- 3 finely chopped green onions
- 1 large avocado
- 1 juiced lemon
- 2 tablespoons of dried basil
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon of cayenne pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
First and foremost, we start off with the raw zucchini. Now you may be wondering, why raw?
Raw zucchini is a wonderful source of vitamin C, potassium, and folates! It is lower in sugars, fats, sodium, and calories, making them a great ingredient in healthy diet meal plans. Cooking a zucchini will actually take away from its nutritional value, so it can be more beneficial to eat it raw. And don’t worry, raw zucchini is safe to eat!
- To prepare the zucchini, I use a spiral cutter. This cuts the zucchini so it is thin and easier to consume. Make sure to cut the tips of the zucchini off before you use it.
- Once you’ve done this, you can move on to your green onions. Chop them up finely so they’re easier to eat and you get more in each bite.
- Add in your chopped baby corn, which you can purchase from your local grocery stores.
- Finally, take your avocado and scoop out the inside goodness.
Once you have all of these solid plant-based foods in a bowl, add the rest of the ingredients on top. You can use more or less cayenne pepper depending on whether you like a spicier twist to your salads or not.
I’ve suggested sea salt in this recipe since it’s a healthier choice in comparison to regular salt. However, if you don’t have sea salt, any other salt will also work.
As for the juiced lemon, I would highly suggest you juice a fresh lemon yourself to avoid any preservatives or additives that may be present in store-bought lemon juice. 1 juiced lemon is more than enough, and the fresher it is, the more nutrient value it will have!
This salad is a specialty and a unique spin on classic leafy salads. It’s entirely plant-based, healthy, and will fill you up properly!
If you enjoyed this raw zucchini corn salad, then be sure to look for more recipes on my YouTube channel, and do not forget to subscribe.